THE BEST BIRD FOOD TO USE WITH GROUND FEEDERS
- Use a low level feeder, preferably with plenty of drainage.
- Do not just scatter food on the ground (fruit is an exception to this rule).
- Ground feeds are particularly useful for attracting thrushes and blackbirds.
- Make sure that the feeding site is not accessible to cats, dogs or vermin.
- Keep the feeding site tidy and remove spoilt food regularly
- Water can be offered in a shallow dish or bird bath.
- Use quality ground feed mixes or high suet content pellets.